Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Freezer-Cooking: Honey-Garlic Chicken

Once again, I am the "goodest cheffer" of chicken!  According to the three year old.

The hubby and I agreed that while this chicken was really good, it wasn't knock-your-socks-off good.  Don't get me wrong - it was tasty, and if you're looking for a new and EASY way to do up chicken, this is a good one.  Just a side note; the honey taste gets a little lost in the soy sauce, but we just used a little extra honey to thinly glaze the chicken when we plated it.  I threw a bag of Steamfresh broccoli in the microwave to serve with the chicken.  I opted not to make a starch because, quite frankly, I was lazy today.  But you certainly could make some mac-and-cheese or rice to go with it as well.

Honey-Garlic Chicken 

-4 boneless, skinless thighs (we used breasts)
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-1 tsp. dried basil
-1/2 cup soy sauce
-1/2 cup ketchup
-1/3 cup honey

You can either put the ingredients directly into the crock-pot, or into a gallon freezer bag for later.  Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6 hours.  Serve with steamed veggies.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment